TOP 6 – The Best Turkey Fryer Reviews in 2022
- 1 TOP 6 – The Best Turkey Fryer Reviews in 2022
- 1.1 The Best Turkey Fryer Reviews
- 1.1.1 1. Bayou Classic 32-Quart Turkey Fryer
- 1.1.2 2. Bayou Classic High-Pressure Propane Burner
- 1.1.3 3. Bayou Classic 44-Quart Enterprises Turkey Deep Fryer Big Bird Kit
- 1.1.4 4. King Kooker 12RTF Turkey Fryer Propane Outdoor Cooker
- 1.1.5 5. Masterbuilt MB20012420 Best Electric Turkey Fryer
- 1.1.6 Pros & Cons
- 1.1.7 6. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
- 1.2 Buying Guides:
- 1.3 What type of turkey fryer is right for me?
- 1.4 Are the turkey fryers safe when using?
- 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 1.6 Conclusion:
- 1.1 The Best Turkey Fryer Reviews
The best turkey fryer is an essential tool for cooking a Thanksgiving meal. With the help of our blog post, you will learn how to find the perfect one for your needs. After reading this article, you’ll have all the information that you need to make smart decisions about which model is right for your kitchen.
Are you seeking a deep fryer for turkey for the delicious juicy meat with crispy skin outside? Let us dive into our list, you will have a wide range of the best turkey deep fryers for use at home or outdoors. All these units in our article are reviewed by a handful of users who want a cooking method that not only provides a yummy meal but also benefit their health as well.
One more reason for using a deep fryer for turkey is that you cannot fry it on the stovetop at one time. It is too large to be cooked thoroughly. In some cases, especially when you even have a small kitchen or space, or when you need to quickly fry your holiday meals outside, the normal way of frying turkey is not appropriate. All these problems will be solved easily by one best deep fryer for turkey. Believe us, frying is simple now. You can save time and have a healthy meal.
For more details, our list provides useful information on how to choose the right fryer for your kitchen. Each nominee has key features and downside for your reference. We also give you an overall buying guide including proper supplies, precautions for safety, and know-how. Basically, you can buy a full package or piecemeal or have a recommendation for any turkey fryers for sale.
The Best Turkey Fryer Reviews
1. Bayou Classic 32-Quart Turkey Fryer
Bayou is always our nominee for the best kitchen supplies. In this classic version, you can have a full package of a 32-quart turkey fryer. This pick comes with stainless steel pot so that you can utilize as a big pot for not only frying turkey but also for cooking soup, sauce, or boiling or steaming vegetables. These parts are stable, anti-rust, and non-reactive. Moreover, users have a good review in terms of being able to clean this fryer easily after using it. In some cases, if you already have your heat source, you just need to buy a pot and extra accessories.
Now, let us have a look for more details. The basket is perforated and the lid is vented. Therefore, you can use these parts for streaming. If you want to fry up to three chickens at the same time with this large turkey fryer, you surely can trust this device. Thanks to the skewer and the stable handles, you will have no worries when frying the high volume of chickens. Moreover, the heavy-duty pot is equipped with an indent, and then the basket will be at the height of ¾ inches higher from the bottom of this pot. This is convenient for streaming.
As noted above, if you already have your heat creators, you just need to buy extra components for your frying turkey. If you are a newbie, do not worry as you can purchase a full package including the burner, a pot, and included parts. You should read the instructions thoroughly before processing a heavy-duty propane turkey fryer as it uses many heat sources.
- It has a 32-quart fryer for turkey, chicken, and more.
- You can steam, boils, and fries, seafood, poultry, vegetables, tamales.
- This fryer comes with polished stainless steel for optimal durability and easy cleaning.
- This turkey fryer has 12-inch stainless steel thermometer (50-750°F)
- It includes the strongest perforated basket on the market for even steaming.
- It has heavy-duty handles for easy transport and a vented lid.
Pros and Cons:
2. Bayou Classic High-Pressure Propane Burner
The next best propane cooker is also a pick from Bayou. This option is convenient for those users who already have the pot. They just need a portable propane turkey fryer. That means we call this nominee the most budget-friendly as you can save much money for frying a turkey at home. You do not need to buy all parts with a pot in the full package as usual.
Thanks to the large 14-inch cooking surface together with the low center design of the pot, you have enough space for frying a high volume of foods. Moreover, with the stable wide-set legs, the whole stockpots can be cooked quickly and safely.
Besides, this machine enables consumers to cook a whole turkey due to its capacity. You will be surprised to know that the burner can perform at the highest BTUs of 59.000. It is stable to handle the pot of 100 quarts. By that I mean, you can fry as much as you want at one time until the pot is full.
The last key feature of this deep fryer turkey kit is that it is equipped with a 360-degree windscreen for further protection from flame during the frying process. As a result, you can cook food without any worries about the wind. That is why we highly recommend this pick for using outdoors.
- It is a high-pressure outdoor propane cooker.
- It has a 1-piece welded steel frame.
- This turkey fryer comes 14-inch diameter cooking surface
- This turkey fryer has wide-set legs for stability.
- The flame on this high-pressure propane burner is adjustable, so you can choose to have a roaring fire or keep it at an easy simmer.
Pros and Cons:
3. Bayou Classic 44-Quart Enterprises Turkey Deep Fryer Big Bird Kit
Here we have one more product from the Bayou brand name for your consideration when you are thinking of buying the best turkey fryer. With the capacity of 44 quarts made of stainless pot, you can fry a turkey as heavy as 25 pounds without any difficulties. This indoor deep fryer for turkey is very useful, as it helps you handle many tasks in the kitchen such as boiling, steaming, and brewing. It sounds great, doesn’t it? That is why we confidently say that there is nothing better than a Bayou Classic 44-Quart for your home kitchen.
What is more, stainless steel is anti-rust, so the device is safe for your health when you want to cook some acidic foods. Stainless steel is a high-quality material that is used in the food industry because it is easy to be sterilized.
Do you have any worries about cleaning this pot after frying? You will be satisfied with this pick as all its parts can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
Now, we will spend a while discovering the included parts. The package comes with a high-quality stainless steel vented lid. It also has a perforated aluminum rack and grabs hook. It does not stop here. You can find a seasoning injector and an insulated glove protecting your hands. For those who are safety-conscious, a 12-inch thermometer is an additional useful part as you can check the proper temperature during operation.
Regarding the burner, you will have a stable unit with a low 12-inch design. It ensures the optimal safety when users have to remove and add many ingredients during the cooking process. The burner is also equipped with a high-pressure regulator and 45-inch hose. The convenient construction helps you to position the tank.
- It is a 44 Qt. Stainless steel oversized turkey fryer.
- This turkey fryer comes with 20 gauge commercial stainless steel.
- It has a vented stainless lid and insulated glove.
- This turkey fryer aluminum perforated poultry rack/grab hook.
- It comes 12″ thermometer 50°-750° and a stainless seasoning injector.
Pros and Cons:
4. King Kooker 12RTF Turkey Fryer Propane Outdoor Cooker
The next nominee on the list of the best turkey fryer is King Kooker 12RTF Turkey Package, which is considered the best complete kit. With the capacity of 38,000 BTU cast burners, it is more than what you generally need for frying a large turkey up to 20 pounds. However, it is not the key feature of this set.
You can also find a rack and hook that are safely made from high materials for operating with foods conveniently. In this way, you can use them to remove your turkey in and out without using a lot of effort. The package also comes with a lid. Even though you might not need to use this accessory while frying a turkey, it is convenient for preheating oil before frying.
All users know that temperature plays an important role in frying foods. Hence, a thermometer is very important for checking the oil’s heat. With this kit, it is absolutely safe for users, as they do not need to come close to the fryer. Moreover, you can also adjust the flame by using the regulator.
This best turkey fryer makes it a good choice for users, as it is equipped with a time checker. Therefore, you do not need to spend all your time monitoring the pot. Just preset it and then you can spend your time on other activities. The kit will tell you when everything is done.
The King Kooker 12RTF Turkey Fryer Propane Outdoor Cooker is perfect for the holidays. The deep-fry thermometer will monitor your oil temperature and make sure your turkey cooks at just the right temperature. At the same time, an adjustable regulator allows you to adjust your flame with a battery-operated timer so that all you have to do is watch that big bird cook upright!
The detailed instructions in this booklet will help get you started on some fantastic recipes or provide guidance if you want to create your own – King Kooker lets you eat like a king! In addition, the turkey fryer comes CSA Design Certified, which means it’s tested safe and reliable for indoor home use.
- It can fry up to a 20 lb. turkey.
- This 12 inch welded portable propane outdoor cooker with 38.000 BTU cast burner.
- It includes listed lp hose and regulator with type 1 connection with CSA certified battery operated timer.
- This turkey fryer has an aluminum 29 qt. Turkey pot with a turkey rack, lifting hook, and lid.
- It comes deep-fry thermometer.
Pros and Cons:
5. Masterbuilt MB20012420 Best Electric Turkey Fryer
In this list of the best turkey fryer for frying turkey, The Masterbuilt MB20012420 is the optimal choice. With the extra-large capacity, this pick can hold a big turkey up to 20 pounds. Therefore, if you are seeking a turkey fryer for your parties, it surely can meet your demand.
The fryer comes with many outstanding features that you cannot ignore. To begin with, you will be happy to know that the hinged lid is portably designed. It means that you can remove and clean it easily. Another strong point is the patented drain clips. You can put your turkey on them to get rid of oil after cooking it. Moreover, the drain valve is included in this set so that cleanup will be a breeze.
With this best electric turkey deep fryer, you will handle the large turkey with ease and comfort. This set has a basket and a stable lifting hook. All parts are made from high-quality materials for the highest level of safety.
To sum up, if you want to cook safely with minimal risk, our recommendation to give this pick a try. It is not only used for frying but also for other cooking tasks including steaming and boiling. This single turkey fryer is all your need for modern home kitchen accessories.
The Masterbuilt MB20012420 Electric Fryer Boiler’s extra-large capacity would be perfect for frying your next turkey! It can also be used for other cooking tasks, including steaming and boiling. The hinged lid on the top makes it easy to clean, while the removable basket allows you to keep food elevated during frying. Features like drain plugs and a quick-draining valve assure that this fryer is safe for use around any family member.
- This turkey fryer comes with extra-large capacity with the ability to fry up to a 20 lb. turkey.
- In addition, it has a removable hinged lid for easy cleanup.
- This turkey fryer has a cooking basket and lifting hook for safe food management.
- It includes patented drain clips that allow you to rest your food above the liquid.
- It has a drain valve for quick and easy cleanup.
- Material: Aluminum, Metal.
- Item Weight: 20.48 Pounds.
- Oil Capacity: 10 Liters.
Pros and Cons:
6. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
Another nominee on our list of the best turkey fryers is the Char-Broil model. It can be seen as the most oil-saving. Hence, if you are seeking the best turkey deep fryer outdoor with less oil consumption, this turkey fryer is the must-have item you should take a look at.
This gas turkey fryer should be used with a propane tank. Thanks to infrared technology, there is no need to use oil when cooking food. You can hold a 16-pound turkey in the pot and create a crispy outside by coating your bird outside your flavor.
One strong point that we love about this set is that you can buy a full package or separated parts. For example, the two-tier cooking baskets are helpful in some cases. Many previous users review that they have wonderful results with this fryer. Therefore, let us try and enjoy your crispy turkey by buying this fryer.
Give your foods the gourmet treatment with The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill. This little, big grill does it all! Prepare juicy racks of ribs in seconds or slow-cook mouthwatering pulled pork, turkey, and more for hours on end. Plus, there’s no need to worry about containing pesky smoke flavor.
This infra-red smoker relieves any worries of cooking indoors by retaining the best flavors but producing way less smoke than a traditional smoker (think BBQ perfection without roommates grumbling). Want to spice things up? Well, take advantage of Char-Broil’s dual smoking option, which gives you tons of flexibility when preparing your food – now that makes life easy!
- The Big Easy Smoker Roaster & Grill lets you smoke, roast and grill all in one.
- This turkey fryer has TRU-Infrared technology that cooks food evenly and is juicy with no flare-ups.
- It can evenly cook turkey, ribs, roast, or other cuts of meat in the roasting basket.
- This fryer can hold up to 25 lbs for roasting and has 180 square inches of cooking area for grilling.
- It uses the smoker box for added flavor.
- This item has temperature control from 9,000 to 18,000 BTUs.
Pros and Cons:
Using propane or a gas turkey fryer is dangerous in some cases. Oil splattering can cause skin damage. Heat can get you burnt. Therefore, you should follow strict precautions for safety. We are listing hereby the buying guide. This is important, so you should have a look before purchasing one fryer.
As we noted above, safety is the most vital aspect. You should choose the package including the needed parts for frying. Firstly, a vented lid is required to ensure there is no trapped steam inside. Secondly, a rack with a lifting hook is a must-have item to move the turkey in and out of the hot oil without any dangerous splattering.
The next factor is size. It is vital to completely submerge your turkey in oil. You should choose the fryer of around 20 pounds – that is suitable for a large turkey. Most outdoor fryers have a suitable dimension that could meet your demand of a large-sized fryer. If you want to fry in your house, you have fewer choices. Indoor turkey fryers are smaller, most of which are approximately 15 pounds. However, you should not worry. As long as you have a proper fryer, your turkey will be cooked thoroughly and still maintain the crunchy and crispy exterior
For those newbies, BTU is an abbreviation of the British thermal unit. To put it simply, you can find that the higher the BTU is, the less time you must spend cooking your turkey. That means the fryer can control the temperature better.
Frying a large turkey sometimes requires multiple tasks. Therefore, you should choose the best fryer that helps optimize the whole process. Some fryers have a time checker. In contrast, others have oil drain as a convenient design to empty the tank.
What type of turkey fryer is right for me?
From our list of the best turkey fryers, you can see there are two main types of fryers based on fuel consumption: Propane/ gas or electric. In the following part, we give you some basic information about each type. This explains the whole process one fryer works.
Propane turkey fryers:
Do you have any idea about how one propane turkey fryer works? It operates just like an outdoor grill. There is a connection between a hose and a propane tank. Therefore, you will be able to put the large pot on and ignite the propane burner. Wait until the oil reaches the proper temperature and then you can fry your turkey or other types of food in a pot with ease.
The gas turkey fryers must be used outdoors because of their heavy-duty function. You should not use your fryer inside your home or on the balconies. It may result in some unexpected damage.
Oiless turkey fryers:
Another type of fryer is still connected to the propane tank but it does not consume oil to fry food. The principle here is that it relies on the hot air to cook turkey and creates a crispy and juicy exterior. Because of not using oil, this type of fryer is known as the healthiest cooking way. You do even not face the hassle when cleaning up. One thing you should remember that the oilless turkey fryer must be used outdoors just like the propane fryer.
Electric turkey deep fryer:
The next type of fryer can be used indoors. For those users who tend to move their fryers around frequently, this is the best way. The electric turkey fryer is safe and can be seen as a normal deep fryer. In general, it is featured with a thermostat that helps you to control heat during the time of cooking. Moreover, this type of fryer is also equipped with an automatic shut-off function. When oil is too hot, the system will cut off power to ensure safety.
Finally, the question is whether we should choose an indoor or outdoor turkey fryer for cooking? As we analyzed above, the indoor fryer is safe for use in your home as you do not need to connect it with a gas tank. What you have to do is to plug it into one outlet and use it, no matter how the weather is. Moreover, you can be safe from fire damage because of boiling oil.
Are the turkey fryers safe when using?
For most cases, you must ensure that your fryer meets the standard of safety. Besides, you also have to follow the instruction when setting your turkey fryer at home. We hereby list some main tips that you should pay attention to prior to taking actions:
- The propane tank must be used outdoors. You should never use it indoors, even in the garage. It is the first thing you should remember to protect youself from fire hazards.
- Use the fryer in the right way. Do not use it to fry a frozen turkey. It will harm your fryer as well as affect the best result.
- Some electric turkey fryers may be already integrated with the heat control. You should buy one extra oil thermometer if needed. This function is really important as you can check the temperature, not over 400°F.
- No matter what type of fryer you use, you should place it on the flat surface and put it away from kids and pets.
- Prepare and use protective goggles and mitts. Moreover, your hair should be tied back. Do not forget to wear suitable clothes when frying food.
- Fry your turkey with the right oil. We have already noted some types of oil in the previous part. You can use vegetable oil – the healthiest cooking oil with a smoke point up to 400°F. Other types of oil like corn and peanut will have a higher smoke point that can reach up to 450°F.
- Always dry your turkey thoroughly before putting it into the hot oven. You have to know that just one small drop of water may cause the splattering oil and result in the fire burning.
- Do not let oil spill from your pot. You can handle the needed oil first by submerging your turkey in the water. Make sure that you submerge it totally into water. The height between the top of your pot and the water is from 5 to 6 inches. Mark this level and pour oil into your pot. By this way, it helps you to determine the proper amount of oil that is necessary and prevent oil from spilling over.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How much oil should I use when frying turkey?
It depends on the pot’s size and how large the turkey you want to fry. In most cases, you should remember that a turkey of around 10-15 pounds needs an amount of 4-5 gallons of oil. The height clearance between oil and the top of your pot should be some inches. Therefore, you should measure and determine the proper oil level in advance. Make sure the oil is not spilled over when you submerge thoroughly your turkey inside the pot.
2. How do I use a turkey fryer?
First of all, you should read the manufacturer’s safety instructions clearly before the first time using. Then, place your fryer on a flat surface and pour oil into the pot. Turn on your fryer to heat the oil. When it gets the temperature of around 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, you should turn off the burner. The next step is to place your turkey basket into the pot slowly. Do not throw it, but just lower it gently as much as possible.
Turn the burner again and observe the temperature for doneness. Your turkey may be cooked when it changes to dark and the heat reaches 175 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, you can move your cooked turkey out from the hot pot. Drain it for about 15 minutes to get rid of oil thoroughly before enjoying it.
3. Can I strain oil after frying?
If you use a fryer frequently, you should strain the used oil. It saves your money as the amount of oil for each batch of use is quite much. So how can you do it? Just follow these steps:
- After frying your turkey, you should let the oil stay still until it is cooled down completely.
- Then, you can get rid of your turkey from oil by using a piece of cloth. It is really easy to do it all by hand.
- In some cases, if you have to handle a large amount of food, try to use an electric oil pump.
4. Should I use my turkey fryer for other types of foods?
Yes. The turkey pot is large. That is why you can use it for multiple purposes, especially for large batches like soups, stews, and seafood boils. Moreover, the large pot is also suitable for frying other kinds of meat such as a whole chicken or deep-fried chips and chicken wings. Nothing is impossible with this fryer.
5. Can I use my turkey fryer indoors?
You do not have to worry if you would like to use the fryer indoors. Most fryers are designed for outdoor frying as the heat power is from propane – that is dangerous for your house if any carelessness occurs.
If you do not have a backyard and still want to enjoy the yummy fried turkey indoors, you can try using electric fryers. In most cases, you should check the manufacturer’s instructions and protocol in advance.
6. Who needs to buy a turkey fryer?
We can say proudly that the fryer is made for everyone. If you want to handle a large serving and make everything easier, one turkey fryer is well worth trying. You will have a wide range of options to cook foods with just one fryer such as boiling, stewing, or even frying large pieces of meat.
This kitchen device is suitable for large families because you can use it frequently. It saves your time and helps the chef fry turkey without any hassles. It also allows you to deal with all types of frying or roasting.
For those users who like healthy recipes, the oilless turkey fryer is the best choice. It helps you to cut unwanted fat from your meal while still keeping the excellent flavor and tenderness.
Frying turkey has been troublesome for users as it takes too much time for handling. Now, you can still have a delicious fried turkey with a crispy and unique flavor, while having time to enjoy your meal with family and friends.
A deep fried turkey pot is all you need and will be your friend for a long time. It can help you with many tasks more than frying turkey. You can cook many types of food like stewing or boiling in large batches. Therefore, what are you waiting for? Just look at all the turkey fryers on the list carefully and choose one that suits you most. We are sure you will not feel disappointed.