Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
One of the most famous Italian dishes is Chicken Parmesan. But, traditional recipes often contain large amounts of oil and salt, and other preservatives that can make you feel sluggish after having it for dinner. The Air Fryer Chicken Parma solution to this common problem? Replace all those unhealthy ingredients with a healthier alternative – by using your air fryer! With only one tablespoon of olive oil in addition to some spices and herbs, you’ll be able to cook up a fantastic dish without compromising on taste or flavor.
Air fryers are the new generation of kitchen appliances. The no-mess cooking, quick preparation time, and health benefits make them perfect for busy households with a taste preference in mind. This recipe is chicken parmesan without any guilt!
Without greasy oil or messy splatter all over your stovetop, air frying has been touted as an easy alternative to deep frying when preparing tasty dishes like this Chicken Parmesan dish that will surely please everyone in your family – even if they’re not watching their diets too closely right now, etc. Making it simple enough for even those who have never cooked before, follow these instructions from start to finish, and you’ll be enjoying a much healthier meal soon enough! Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is a dish that you can enjoy with your date. Serve them up one of these dishes, and add an extra spice to the night by pairing it with red wine.
Is Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan A Healthy Food For The Family?
I am wondering if chicken parmesan is a go-to dish to make? Air fryer chicken parmesan is the perfect option.
Fried chicken dripping in oil may be delicious, but eating chicken that has been frozen and then fried is not great for your health or waistline, especially if it’s chicken parmesan. Chicken can be a lean protein source, but this chicken will have lots of fat dripping into the breading and onto your plate.
Sometimes chicken parm is made healthier by baking chicken breasts instead of frying them, but sometimes chicken parm is made healthier by baking chicken breasts instead of frying them, but not chicken breast tenders. Chicken breast tenders are smaller chicken cutlets, making it a very healthy chicken option and a great alternative to chicken parmesan.
Air fryer chicken parmesan is the way to prepare chicken parm without all the fat and grease from frying chicken. Chicken breast tenders are breaded with Italian-style bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese before being air-fried to perfection in the oven for chicken parmesan. The chicken is crisp on the outside and moist on the inside after taking only 15 minutes in the air fryer!
Air fryer chicken parmesan is a quick and easy chicken dinner that takes almost as much time to prepare as chicken breast tenders. If you have any chicken cutlets like chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or chicken drumsticks, they can be substituted for chicken breast tenders in the air fryer recipe!
Air fryer chicken parmesan makes chicken parmesan a healthy chicken recipe because it’s not fried in oil, and the chicken is only breaded with Italian-style bread crumbs. So you can add your favorite sauce over chicken breast tenders for chicken parm without anything else except chicken, cheese, and breadcrumbs!
Air fryer chicken parmesan will replace the chicken parmesan recipe in your family for chicken cutlets or chicken breast tenders because the chicken is cooked perfectly and just as crispy without extra oil.
The chicken tastes fantastic over pasta, rice, potatoes, vegetables, or just by itself! This chicken Parmesan recipe will become a favorite chicken dinner in your house. It’s perfect for chicken breast tenders or chicken cutlets and makes chicken parmesan a healthy chicken recipe.
Chicken parmesan is often unhealthy because the chicken is fried in oil. Still, now that you’ve seen how easy air fryer chicken parmesan is to make without any frying, this chicken dinner will be on your weekly menu!
Chicken Parmesan in an Air Fryer
- Time to prepare: 15 minutes
- Time to cook: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 1150 kcal
- 4 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thinly cut).
- 10-15 oz angel hair/vermicelli pasta 8oz half a box, or the whole 16oz box if you like more pasta.
- 1 marinara sauce jar.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 2 cups bread crumbs (Italian).
- 1 cup grated parmesan.
- Two eggs.
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs.
- 1 cup olive oil for frying.
- Topping: 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tsp seasoning (Italian).
1. Instructions for Pasta:
- In a pot, cook the pasta and put it aside. Approximately 9-10 minutes, depending on the instructions on the package.
- Set aside the spaghetti after straining it.
2. Instructions for Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing basin, whisk together the eggs.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Chicken breasts should be rinsed and patted dry.
- In a bowl, you’ll need to mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together. Dredge the chicken breasts in the egg wash before coating them in the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Dip the chicken in egg and then breadcrumbs. Repeat until all pieces are coated with an even layer of crunchiness on either side!
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer inside of the air fryer basket. If you are using a smaller air fryer, you will need to cook in batches.
- Add a liner or coat the air fryer pan with oil for easier cleanup, and then add the chicken breasts to the hot air fryer pan. Spritz oil over top of the chicken breasts and air fry for 10 minutes at 360°F. After 6 minutes, flip the chicken gently.
- Top the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook the chicken for another 5 minutes at 360°F.
- Place the spaghetti on a plate, then top with the chicken breast. Enjoy with as much additional Mozzarella as you like!