The Best Big Boss Air Fryer Review in 2021
- 1 The Best Big Boss Air Fryer Review in 2021
- 1.1 The Best Big Boss Oil Less Fryer
- 1.2 An in-depth look – Big Boss Air Fryer Reviews
- 1.3 Big Boss Air Fryer Manual:
- 1.4 Big Boss Air Fryer Replacement Parts:
- 1.5 How do you clean Big Boss Air Fryer? Is the Dishwasher safe?
- 1.6 Cooking chicken in the Big Boss oil-less Fryer!
- 1.7 Big Boss Air Fryer Recipes:
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 1.9 Conclusion
We came across the Big Boss air fryer during our search for an alternative and healthier method to the conventional deep fry process that everyone loves so much. To be completely honest, the Big Boss oil less fryer is probably one of the most difficult reviews we have ever done.
Southern fried chicken is absolutely the favorite meal to many people. The dish is savory and juicy but when it comes to the calories and the grease, it is among the least healthy meals we can have. Having said that, with the Big Boss fryer, the fried chicken becomes much less oily while still retains the flavorful taste of deep fried food.
Aesthetically, most of us in the office do not think too highly of the Big Boss 16 QT air fryer. The machine is bulky and takes up quite a lot of space. But we totally understand why people may be interested in it. This best Big Boss air fryer comes at a reasonable price tag – one of the cheapest air fryer options on the market right now, yet it offers a wide variety of functions and promises to deliver an oil-free alternative to all of your favorite fried food. The 16 QT air fryer is super large and cooks really well, fantastically well in fact. There is clearly a demand for such a machine and the sales figures prove that.
This Big Boss air fryer reviews the fryer itself and how the model performs at deep frying food. We will also bring up the pros/cons of the machine and what it feels like to have and use one.
The Best Big Boss Oil Less Fryer
An in-depth look – Big Boss Air Fryer Reviews
Initially, we were eager to do a full review of the Big Boss oil less fryer because it is a little bit different from what the other competitors are offering. Big Boss air fryer – quite an aggressive name that the brand has given to this model. However, whether the performance of the machine matches up to the name is still up for debate.
The key point that makes the model stand out from the rest is its sheer size. At 16 QT, many users have claimed that you can easily fit an entire turkey in the unit. While that is still debatable due to the various sizes of the turkeys, there is no question about the capacity of the Big Boss fryer. The machine is huge.
The other thing that attracts people is the price. For an air fryer of this size, the 16 quart air fryer from Big Boss is quite affordable.
In this Big Boss air fryer review, we will cover a few aspects of the machine. From the unboxing experience, the accessories and features to the cooking performance. For such a device like this, it is important to consider who the Big Boss may suit.
Before jumping in the review process, we would like to say a quick disclaimer. The Big Boss oil less fryer is not for everyone. Some will like this 16 quart air fryer, some will not. It is hard to convey the message through a short article but at the very least, we hope this will help you determine whether the machine is a good choice for you.
Let us begin!
The unboxing experience of the Big Boss oil less fryer
As you would expect, the Big Boss air fryer comes in a big box. While the box is huge, it is by no means unmanageable. In fact, the box design is nothing to write home about.
That being said, the machine is securely packed inside the box which is certainly good news considering the Big Boss is basically a heavy glass bowl. Everything is neatly fitted in there and it does not take a whole lot of effort to unpack the unit.
Specifications of the Big Boss air fryer
- Manufacturer: E.Mishan & Sons, Inc.
- Cooking capacity: 16 Quarts
- Color: Black, Red, Copper,Graphite, Grey
- Temperature range: 149°F to 482°F
- Timer: 60 Minutes
- Power: 1300 Watts
- Power Supply: 120V
- Heating Element: Powerful built-in fan and 360° air convection system
- Construction Material: Engineered ABS, Ceramic Glass, Stainless Steel
- Power Cord Length: 3.3′ Ft.
- Size: 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
- Extender Ring Size: (D x H): 12.7 x 3.0 inches
- Cooking Bowl Size: (D x H): 13.0 x 6.7 inches
- Weight: 16.55 lbs
- Shipping weight: 18.6 pounds
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Big Boss air fryer uses significantly less power than a full-sized oven, but that is obvious since the machine is a lot smaller than a normal one. The 16 quart air fryer comes with two trays so that you can cook multiple dishes at the same time and there is no need to thaw or defrost your food prior to the cooking process. Additionally, since the halogen-light-equipped fryer is made of glass, you can easily watch your food cook. The combination between the glass bowl and the warm light is what keeps the temperature even throughout the chamber.
Oil free and easy clean up
Say goodbye to all the burns and messes because the best Big Boss air fryer uses virtually no oil or grease. On the off chance that you do need some oil, only a little spritz is sufficient. Furthermore, unlike a toaster oven, the Big Boss oil less fryer can be cleaned effortlessly; even the tiniest bit of crumb can be removed with just a wipe.
However, keep in mind that the lid of the machine must not be dipped in water. The lid is where the halogen bulb and all the electrical components are, so you just cannot put it in the sink and wash. The best thing you can do is to give the lid a good stroke with a moist towel. This is perhaps the only downside to having the Big Boss. But at this point, we are just nitpicking!
Similar to cooking in the oven
To some extent, cooking with the Big Boss is similar to cooking with an oven because the fryer cooks the food with air as opposed to grease and oil. Having said that, the food cooked with the Big Boss air fryer is a lot crispier. With a little to no oil, you can enjoy all of your favorite fried dishes minus the unhealthy calories.
Easy to use
The best Big Boss air fryer can be put together relatively easily. Just put the lid on the bowl and you are good to go. In addition, the controls on the outside panel are intuitive and very user friendly. And as mentioned before, the fryer is easy to clean up as well. As a whole, the Big Boss is good even for someone with the most basic knowledge of cooking. From the timer and temperature panels to a cooking booklet full of information. You are equipped with all the tools you might need to prepare for a decent meal.
Large: Good and bad
While the fryer is very spacious and can even cook an entire turkey in some cases, it is undeniably bulky and awkward. If you are planning to bring this beast home, it is best to make sure that you have enough space to store and operate the unit. We knew the Big Boss was going to be big, but we were still in awe when we unpacked the machine. The Big Boss oil less fryer takes up a big portion of our counter and no cabinets in our house can fit the model. The huge size also makes cleaning a bit of a chore but in all honesty, the 16qt air fryer is perfect for a family. So, this is one of the best large air fryer models available for the home.
Our personal feeling
We always ask ourselves this question whenever we do a review: How did it make us feel? After all, this is the emotion in cooking, the feeling when you produce food. Since you basically cook everyday, you want to at least feel good during and after each session.
We were pleasantly surprised at the end results. The food cooked with the Big Boss air fryer was fantastic and the whole cooking process was very enjoyable as well. The glass bowl is a nice aspect to have since you can see your success in the making. It is not often that you get to see the dish fried in person without oil shooting in your face.
Though we have to admit, the cleaning experience was not that nice since the glass bowl was quite heavy.
Big Boss Air Fryer Manual:
Rinse the bowl, racks, basket, tongs, and spray bottle well in hot water when you first take it out of the package. If you want, you may run the bowl and racks through a dishwashing cycle, but a simple rinse well enough. Choose a spot on your counter that has lots of room, a power outlet, and a heat-resistant surface.
Depending on the ones you wish to utilize for your dish, place the racks and/or extension ring into the bowl. Fill the basket, racks, or both with your food. Secure the bowl or extension ring with the lid. Check to see that the safety handle is in the correct position.
Turn the dial to set the temperature and the timer dial to set the timer.
Press the safety handle down until it clicks into place after you’ve set the temperature and time. This signals to the device that it’s time to cook, and the fan and light bulb will turn on. The handle functions as an “on/off” switch. Next, when pressed down, the machine operates; when pulled upright, the machine shuts off.
When removing the cover after the cooking time has expired, use oven gloves to protect your hands. Next, remove your meal using the tongs provided and check to see whether it’s cooked to your taste.
That’s pretty much all there is to it.
Big Boss Air Fryer Replacement Parts:
If you are looking for a reliable and long-lasting fryer in your home, look no further as the Big Boss air fryer is an ideal choice. However, in the process of using the Big Boss air fryer for a long time may cause its parts to become damaged, or you just want to buy it as a backup. It would be wise to consult with customers about Big Boss air fryer replacement parts before deciding on the type of accessory you want to buy. They should be able to advise you on what top-quality Big Boss air fryer replacement parts you need to buy. You can always visit a Big Boss air fryer in your area or do your research online.
There are several websites on the internet that you can visit to find all kinds of Big Boss air fryer replacement parts and accessories. Below is a list of replacement parts for the Big Boss air fryer that you can find on Amazon.
- Glass Lid with Timer and Temperature Controls features a super tight seal.
- Safety Handle-automatically turns the unit off when the handle is raised (shown in ON position).
- Extender Ring increases capacity in order to cook larger foods.
- Mesh Basket-perfect for air-frying.
- High Cooking Rack-rack to cook foods.
- Low Cooking Rack-rack to cook foods.
- Glass Bowl-holds food to be cooked.
- Bowl Base-holds glass bowl.
- Tongs-use to lift hot trays with food from the glass bowl.
Besides, the air fryer accessories that can make your cooking easier include a frying basket, metal holder, toasting rack, egg bites mold, silicone oil brush, plate dish clip, silicone oven mitts , silicone muffin cups, air fryer parchment liners, basting brush, double layer rack, rack with the skewer, etc. Online shopping is also a great way to save money. Some of the items that you will find are also available at discounted prices. However, you must be sure to do your homework before deciding to purchase online or at a local store.
How do you clean Big Boss Air Fryer? Is the Dishwasher safe?
Yes, it’s a fairly simple machine to clean for the most parts.
Those who have dishwashers will be relieved to learn that the glass bowl and racks are dishwasher safe. Hand-wash them with warm, soapy water and a soft brush or sponge if necessary.
The temperature dial has a “wash” option that you may use to wipe the glass bowl of any trapped food. It’s simple; just fill the bowl with roughly 2 inches of water and some detergent, set the temperature to “wash,” and set the timer for 10 minutes. Allow the water to cool before removing it from the basin.
Cooking chicken in the Big Boss oil-less Fryer!
Big Boss Air Fryer Recipes:
1. Big Boss fried chicken
This is the recipe for you if you want to learn how to create Big Boss fried chicken.
- Seasonings (to your taste).
- Corn flakes.
- The chicken parts should be washed. To cover it, pour buttermilk on it. Then close the top and store it in the refrigerator. Set aside for four hours.
- Combine corn flakes, spice, and garlic powder in a bag, then crush the flakes into powder.
- Using a spray bottle, lightly coat the basket in oil.
- Sprinkle the corn flakes over the chicken, then spritz it with a little oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to cook on the other side as well.
2. Sweet potato fries
Sweet potato fries may be made in the large boss fryer. It’s healthier than deep-frying since it doesn’t use any oil, which cuts down on fat and calories. It has the same sweet flavor as before but with less fats.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Garlic powder.
- Sweet paprika.
- Black pepper.
- Little oil.
- Potatoes should be cut into tiny, equal pieces. It’s to make sure they’re all done at the same time, with no undercooked or overdone pieces.
- Toss in the ingredients until they’re to your liking.
- Put them in the basket, but don’t overfill it.
- When they’re halfway done, flip them over. It’s to ensure that both sides are evenly cooked.
- Check to check whether the fryer is done. Leave for a few minutes longer if the meat is still thick.
- For cooking, a temperature of 400°F be enough.
3. Whole chicken
Using the large boss fryer to cook an entire chicken saves a lot of time. You get meat that is tender and well-coated.
Whole chicken cooking tips for the Big Boss air fryer:
- Preheat the oven to 158-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the entire chicken on the rack and brush it with oil.
- Season to taste with the spices.
- Then raise the temperature to 460 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to simmer for about 25 minutes before flipping to cook the other side.
- Before taking the meat from the fryer, be sure it is well cooked.
4. Fried chicken tenders
Fried chicken tenders that are truly crispy and golden brown are ready in about 15 minutes. This is a family favorite that everyone will enjoy.
- Chicken tender.
- Melted butter.
- Place the chicken in a basin and cover it with buttermilk. Then put it in the refrigerator.
- After a few minutes, remove it from the oven and brush off any extra buttermilk.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken tenders in the basket, avoiding overcrowding it.
- Use melted butter or spray oil on the chicken.
- Allow for a few minutes of cooking time. As a consequence, you should get a tender and soft chicken.
5. Roasted pineapples and bananas
This side dish or light dessert of roasted pineapples and bananas is delicious! The grilling, along with the pineapples and bananas, gave an additional layer of great flavor.
- Melted butter.
- Brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract.
- Pineapples and bananas should be peeled and sliced.
- Remove the mesh from the large boss fryer and combine the pineapple, bananas, and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Allow a temperature of 375°F to heat up for around 10 minutes.
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- After some time has passed, add the vanilla extract.
- Allow to sit till it has become succulent.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
On a grade scale from 1 to 10, we would give the Big Boss air fryer a 7. Overall, the model is a good purchase. It cooks well, and goes easy on your wallet, unlike many other oil less fryers. The machine is also certified to help reduce energy costs in the long run. While some of the food might not end up tasting as good as actual deep frying, you get to enjoy the food in a healthier way and at a lower calorie level.
This might not be the most professional article out there, but we do hope that through our big boss air fryer reviews, you can make an informative buying decision. At the end of the day, you are the boss of your purchase!